DVD Case Insert Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HD Shooter, Jun 2, 2008.

1. HD Shooter macrumors member

Hi,

I create wedding DVDs. Currently I am using PC based printshop software that I really HATE.

I take a still from my 1920x1080 video and export it to my desktop. Now I really want to take the image and apply it to a template that I can just print out. The PC stuff just decides to move the text and pics however it sees fit. Really frustrating

Anyone using mac software for this?

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I think most people, not all use photoshop >> to illustrator for this type of work.

What program are you currently using?

You might try something like gimp, which is free. http://www.gimp.org/

3. HD Shooter thread starter macrumors member

Printshop deluxe

Hi,

I use ArcSoft cd/dvd cover software from a big box office place. I was hoping there was a more user friendly MAC software that could do the job.

The transfer of the image from the FCP frame grab to the PC based cover software seems to randomly change the photo dimensions.

Just too wierd. I use the same way to export a JPEG every time but it still squeezes some shots and not others. Then it moves the text and photos left or right as if auto adjusting in or out from the spline to the edge!

I turned of all auto adjustments etc with the printer too.

Anyway...

thanks for the help and suggetsions. I personally really loath photoshop but it's because I have not had any training at all and it's not forgiving to people like me who just want to start and learn by doing.