DVD conversion help please!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dulaney22, Sep 22, 2008.

1. dulaney22 macrumors regular

I have tried and tried to convert my dvd's to where I can play them on my iphone and I just can't get it to work.

I can get it into iTunes, but it takes a year for it to convert it to a playable format.

I have tried to change the settings on Handbrake, but every time I try to sync it says they can't be played on the iPhone. I downloaded another program today that converts mp4's to iphone compatible (can't remember the name) but it takes like 7 hours too.

Is there any way to convert an mp4 to iPhone compatibility that doesn't take numerous hours? I'm at my wits end.

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

handbrake works flawlessly for me. make sure that you clike the iPhone/iPod Touch preset and you should be fine. i have a feeling that you don't have handbrake set to rip into the right format. it has many settings.

3. richg916 macrumors regular

Handbrake works here too. I also have Xilisoft DVD to iPhone converter, but can't get it to work correctly (it doesn't sync up).

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You didn't specify, but are you using the iPhone pre-set in Handbrake? Or are you just manually setting it?

5. dulaney22 thread starter macrumors regular

I must have downloaded the wrong handbrake. I don't see the option for an iPhone preset. I do see where I have an "insert ipod atom" whatever that means.

I also don't see how I can rip an encrypted DVD. I've been using mactheripper for that.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Using a Mac, right? Hit Command-T to open the presets drawer. Just use the 'iPhone' setting.

(Make sure you have version 0.9.2)

Usually it can rip encrypted DVDs. Start with Handbrake. Sometimes it won't work, try mactheripper in those situations. But you won't always need it. Just start with Handbrake and go straight from the disk. That will work about 80% of the time, in my experience.