DVD conversion in Handbrake

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abussell, May 27, 2010.

1. abussell macrumors newbie

I have a DVD that has 7 chapters. Within those sections are 6 to 18 "sub"chapters or scenes. I burned the DVD initially in Handbrake and it only took the first section in its entirety.
    I need to get into the 2nd main chapter and record all of it's 8 subs. When navigating in Handbrake I am not able to preview to determine that I am, in fact, on the right chapter.

Here are my questions:
    Is there a way that I can preview the video to be done from the generic chapter markers?
    Is there a way that I navigate through the actual .vob file to find the Chapter that I am looking for?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

2. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

DVDs are made up of 'Titles' which then contain 'Chapters'. I think this is what you mean (?)

You can make a note of what title and chapter is playing by simply playing the DVD in Apple DVD Player and whilst playing have a look in the 'Go' menu under Title and Chapter - the one playing will be marked with a tick. The same is true of the Playback menu in VLC if you prefer to play DVDs in that.

Then in Handbrake you would just select the relevant title and whichever chapters you wanted (usually all the chapters of one title, unless you only wanted a specific chapter, in which case you'd set it from x to x.)