DVD copy error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rlnyc, Feb 4, 2008.

1. rlnyc macrumors newbie

i'm trying to copy a dvd with disk utility and keep getting an input/output error. the file on the disk is an IFO (not sure what that is exactly) and it certainly shouldn't be protected in any way. can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

An IFO file is a video information file. What exactly are you trying to copy?
    If you're trying to copy a movie through Disk Utility you won't have much luck.

3. Mernak macrumors 6502

Sounds like the disk itself may be scratched. That is usually when I get that same error, you could try to use a different program, but in my experience it will usually produce the same error. Try just cleaning the disk with a soft cloth or something.

4. rlnyc thread starter macrumors newbie

DVD copy error

actually, i've gotten the same error from 2 different DVDs (both with the same content) so i don't think the problem is a scratch on the disks - that would be a huge coincidence and i don't see any damage. it's a :30 commercial i'm copying, btw, if that matters.

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

If 2 DVDs are showing the same problem it suggests the original was corrupt or incorrectly copied.