Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
i would like to know how to copy dvd film/games on mac osx panther g4 400mhz any help would be much appreciated or if you can point me in the right direction
thank you

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Search versiontracker.

Movies are easy--there are a dozen different apps that will rip movies. DVDBackup is my favorite. Games are a different story. On Windows Alcohol 120% is what you want. I don't know what the Mac equivalent is--is there is one. Like I said, search versiontracker.

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
OSEX

abhishekit said:
download OSEx.
you wont be able to copy protected dvds though.

cheers
Ive got osex but need to know the process an how to get dvd film to dvd-r disc also how to compress a film that is to big using osx panther are there a set of programs for doing this what are they
any help would be much appreciated

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
copy protected dvds

selector said:
Ive got osex but need to know the process an how to get dvd film to dvd-r disc also how to compress a film that is to big using osx panther are there a set of programs for doing this what are they
copy protected dvds how do you do that?

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
whats versiontracker

Horrortaxi said:
Search versiontracker.

Movies are easy--there are a dozen different apps that will rip movies. DVDBackup is my favorite. Games are a different story. On Windows Alcohol 120% is what you want. I don't know what the Mac equivalent is--is there is one. Like I said, search versiontracker.

whats versiontracker

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Horrortaxi said:
Search versiontracker.

what the next step after DVDBackup

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
selector said:
whats versiontracker

VersionTracker

edit: selector, don't quadruple post. All 4 of your posts should have been combined into one post. You should never have more than one post in a row by the same person. Notice how I used the edit feature to add this note in my post, instead of creating a second post.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
selector said:
download ffmpegx, it would convert the .vob file to mpeg or avi.

cheers

:D :D and yah dude..u can say multiple things in one post

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Elan0204 said:
VersionTracker

edit: selector, don't quadruple post. All 4 of your posts should have been combined into one post. You should never have more than one post in a row by the same person. Notice how I used the edit feature to add this note in my post, instead of creating a second post.
oh yeh thanks

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
abhishekit said:

cheers

so once saved to mpeg i can copy it to dvd in toast to play on my mums home dvd player is that right so that means
1 i have to use dvd back up to make a video ts folder
2 then convert using ffmpegx to play in quicktime
3 then from quicktime burn it to dvd in toast to play on mums dvd house player
is this the right way
?? what if the dvd im trying to copy has more info (dual layer )than the dvd-r blank disc im trying to copy to
ps how do i split or shorten /compress
thank you buddy

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
hi dude

selector said:
oh yeh thanks
so once saved to mpeg i can copy it to dvd in toast to play on my mums home dvd player is that right so that means
1 i have to use dvd back up to make a video ts folder
2 then convert using ffmpegx to play in quicktime
3 then from quicktime burn it to dvd in toast to play on mums dvd house player
is this the right way
?? what if the dvd im trying to copy has more info (dual layer )than the dvd-r blank disc im trying to copy to
ps how do i split or shorten /compress
thank you buddy

selector

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2004
abhishekit said:

cheers
strength and honor
" Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Selector, did you feel a breeze? That was Elan0204's message going right over your head.

Or are you trying to get an avatar your first day?

Or do you have OCD and have to do everything 4 times?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
These two apps work for me.
And they're pretty much self explanatory (though you'll also need Roxio's Toast for burning, it's a $90 or so program. And I highly recommend it).

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Unitled 1.jpg
    Unitled 1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 118

theposse

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2004
TENERIFE
heres how to do it mate!!!

1.get MACTHERIPPER(search web)
2.get DVD2ONEX (search web)
3.get any TOAST burning program (search web)
Firstly put your dvd in then open mactheripper you'll see the film in the window at top press go and select a folder where to store the ripped film.
Secondly open DVD2ONEX and find the film you've ripped press start and save to another folder.
Just to make sure you-ve done it right open your DVD PLAYER and locate the folder you-ve compressed it will be a VIDEO_TS folder and open it and press play on the dvd player it should play fine.
Thirdly create a AUDIO_TS folder and put it in the folder with the name of your film and drag it into TOAST and press burn hopefully if you've done it right you will have your own copy of any film you want !
Good luck mate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.