DVD Copy Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Brewing, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Brewing macrumors newbie

I am going to be switching from PC to Mac. I currently using DVDFab to make backups of my DVDs. I am wondering if their is some comparable program that is preferred on Macs? The program must be able to remove encryption then be able to fit a DVD9 to to DVD5 and burn it. Any suggestions. Thanks!

2. ricosuave macrumors 6502

ricosuave

Handbrake will take care of you.

3. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Handbrake just doesn't cut it for me, its a pain and needs lots of messing around with - true it gives you options.
    I kept the DVD/BR copying on the PC - the software i had simply works easier and rips faster than handbrake.

4. Brewing thread starter macrumors newbie

5. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

6. Brewing thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I did see that, just didn't know if people had other Mac software they preferred.

7. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I prefer DVDFab for ISO or DVD creation, but Handbrake for ripping to much higher compressed single file formats like mp4 etc.

Note: my home media player handles ISO DVD files perfectly over my Gigabit Ethernet connected SMB shares. Makes picking a movie much easier and I still get my extras and menus.

Sometimes I fall-back to MacTheRipper but that's so old it often doesn't work.

I believe that DVDFab does NOT allow you to use a PC serial number on the Mac version (last time I looked) - you'd need to purchase it again - though I guess you might be able to plead with their support.

8. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

9. Farond Suspended

Farond

I tried a lot of DVD ripping tools, like wondershare, DVDfab and MacX DVD Ripper. MacX works best according to my test. It supports removing many copy protections and the output file is pretty good without any loss. You can give it a shot to rip the protected DVD dics.
    download of macx dvd ripper:http://www.macxdvd.com/download/macx-dvd-ripper-pro.dmg

however, it does not have the function of burning DVD, so if you want to burn DVD9 to DVD5, you need to find third DVD burning software for help.