DVD cover for ripped movies

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Primejimbo, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I thought I saw a thread on this but I can't find it....

So I am ripped my DVDs to iTunes and I can never find good "album art" for the covers. Is there a site that I don't know about for this?
    Sometimes I get lucky, but a lot I don't.
    Thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I use iFlicks to add meta data to my rips (this includes cover art and plot synopsis, ratings etc). Not trying to sell their software, it just works well for me. I am sure there are alternative free versions that do a the same thing.

Each of my rips ends up looking like this in iTunes:

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 21.15.04.png

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

They show it free for now on the App Store until the end of this year, and iflicks 2 will be out. So does this also rip and compresses the movies as well?

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It doesn't rip (I use MakeMKV). Then I drop the .mkv files into iFlicks and click convert. They then appear in my iTunes library automatically.

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I use ripit and does both, but I will try this out to see how it is.

6. Pyromonkey83 macrumors 6502

I use Subler to add the metadata post handbrake conversion (this being after I rip it using either MakeMKV or AnyDVD HD). It has the ability to get metadata directly throughout the iTunes store so you get all the applicable and important metadata.

iFlicks is supposed to be very good as well, but I have not used it so I cannot comment on it personally.

7. mac8867 macrumors 6502

8. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Subler is a good and free program to fetch and insert metadata from iTunes Store so your clip will look exactly as if bought from iTunes.
    However, to just find the artwork, you can also use this website:
    http://bendodson.com/projects/itunes-artwork-finder/
    PS You will be out of luck, obviously, if the item you are looking for, is not in iTunes Store. Subler can switch over to different sources (like MovieDB) in such cases.

9. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

I have been having issues adding artwork the normal way (info add artwork) and all of my rips since my last update will not let me add new poster art.

I used to use the ben dobson website but I can no longer do it this way. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I may start using a program like the ones mentioned above and see if I am still having that issue.

10. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

. That site was awesome! Thanks!

Now will MetaX and iFlixks put the info in after the movie is ripped, compressed,a nd in iTunes already?

Thanks guys for this info!