DVD created from iMovie>iDVD Freezes on Playback

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rlamb, Jun 21, 2007.

1. rlamb macrumors newbie

I'm fairly new to projects this big and I have a must solve situation on my hands.
    *Brand new iMac 20" Intel dual core w/iLive 06*
    The approx. 90 minute project created in iMovie then burned w/ iDVD freezes about 45 minutes into viewing on consumer DVD player.

I noticed that when I "shared" with iDVD, a message came up telling me my project was too large for a DVD and ask if I wanted to choose video quality over performance so that it would fit on 1 DVD.

When I go to the segment in iMovie where the DVD freezes, it plays thru fine; so this makes me believe that the problem is occurring in iDVD.

Any suggestions?
    Will busting the project into 2 DVD's solve the problem?
    If so how do I do this?
    What about exporting the iMovie to QT then importing into iDVD?

I'm very thankful for any help anyone can offer as I'm 1 week behind schedule and I've already been paid by my client. Yikes!!

2. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

Is this burned onto a single or dual layer DVD? if it's DL, and the freeze if happening at approximately the half-way point, it may be that your DVD player is having problems switching layers on the brand of disc that you used.

3. banjomamo macrumors regular

And if this is the problem, you cannot fix it. Its the player itself. Even the Hollywood made DVDs have this problem on some players.

4. bozigle macrumors regular

I have this strange feeling, reading somewhere in those forums that imovie couldn't burn DVD (normal, non DL) over one hour...(something due to the compression)

bozigle

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I believe the limit is 90 minutes, but after 60, it compresses more, so the quality should suffer a bit.