DVD creation software for lesser Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phrehdd, Feb 2, 2014.

1. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

There are many application tools for DVD creation but not really any way without a lot of research to figure out which application runs best under the constraints of a given Mac machine.

What a nMP can do compared to say a Mac Mini is vastly different.

So let me put this out there - what would be the best choice for a Mac Mini 2.6 maxed out with 16 gig RAM and say, internal SSD?

The Goal is to put together a full DVD with Menus, ability to edit as needed, some effects and of course, an easy enough GUI for beginners to intermediate to use. Ultimately, the product should be able to make anything from a still image scrap book to handling decent footage, subtitle and synched and non-synched audio.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You could go the simple route with iDVD or the more advanced route with DVD Studio Pro. Both will work the same on a Mac Mini or Mac Pro. The only difference would be encoding time.

3. phrehdd thread starter macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I had a look long ago at iDVD and found it somewhat slick but limited. I'll check out the DVD Studio Pro. Are there any other software apps worth investigating in your estimates?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Those are the two made be Apple. There are likely others, but I do not know them.

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

in actual fact..... your better off with an older Mac for doing this... most new Mac can't run iDVD, since Apple's EOL'd (End of Life) it.

But i'd choose iDVD..

If only Apple continued to update it to run on Mavericks and add it to the App Store, just like all rest.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can't edit your movies within iDVD. You have to have done all that before.