DVD database app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JensNoir, Oct 20, 2011.

1. JensNoir macrumors newbie

JensNoir

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know of any dvd database mac app?
    It would be amazing if I could put them all in a nice database.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. JensNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

JensNoir

Thank you for your fast response... But I'm not really planning to rip them it's just to make a list but with details and stuff... Something like DVD Profiler but on mac.

4. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

Delicious Library is pretty awesome. You can just scan the barcode and it will fill in all the info. Also can keep track of who you lend them out to.

5. JensNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

JensNoir

That is exactly what I was searching for! Thank you very very much! :D

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Interesting find! I tried the free version (limited to 25 additions to the library) and found the following:
    • The app crashes every time I scan a barcode. It adds the item scanned, but it's a pain to have to relaunch after scanning each item.
    • It shows a boxed set as a single item, and there appears to be no way to split a set into individual movies.
    • Searching the database by speech is another interesting feature, but there should be an option to have it "learn" an item, especially since the pronunciation of some items is way off. You have to mispronounce some items to get it to recognize them, and some it doesn't recognize at all.
    • The speech function would also be helpful if it could be used to add items that don't have a barcode, rather than typing.
    • It lacks some basic fields that would be critical for movies, such as director and producer. It lists director information in the "creator" field.
    • There appears to be no way to select a default sort. It defaults to creator, rather than title.
    • It would be helpful to be able to find all movies with a specific actor, director, producer, etc.
    The concept is great, but they have some improvements to make before I'd be willing to spend money on that app.