Dvd Disc Stuck In Drive: Mbp!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by illest-one, May 7, 2008.

1. illest-one macrumors newbie

i stuck in a DVD disc and the mbp coundnt read it. i tried to eject and it said something about it couldnt do it. press and held the eject key on the keyboard nothing happens. what do i do now??? beside tossing the thing across the room

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Restart the computer, press and hold trackpad button during bootup.

3. csc macrumors newbie

No promises, but this might work, only because I had exactly the same problem with an older iMac refusing to eject a disk last night (it kept telling me that the disk was in use, but even the Force Quit menu did not show usage). Turn the computer off and then, before you press the power button, press the eject key. Keep pressing the eject key throughout the start-up process until you get through to the main screen or the disk ejects. It may work.

Good luck.

4. illest-one thread starter macrumors newbie

Sigh....i got it out ><

restarted the damn machine after searching the internet to found out what was the matter with cd rom not ejecting. when booted up, i closed my eyes and tried eject again and Tada cd came out (not sticking anything in there for a while) and the biggest relief i ever had in years.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's what has worked each time for me. I think I've only had that problem once with my MBP, but I had it a few times with my Mac Mini. I think the MS Natural Keyboard I had was causing part of the problem. Pizz on Microsoft.