DVD Drive is still needed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ellaimac, May 30, 2012.

1. ellaimac macrumors regular

In fact, I really want an MBP butjust got a MBA because my dad's company can't afford to buy such thing for 1 person. I, too, can't afford the external superdive. And I might be getting an iMac once I graduate 6th grade.

So I really want that iMac to still have a Superdive. because most of my favorite games/software are cheaper on CD. They cost about $2 or Php 80.00 (pirated) in my country. Notice e can't afford original CDs :D . That's why A SuperDive/ODD/DVD Drive is still needed.

(note: this is not meant to encourage buying pirated cd's as the reason)

2. leman macrumors 604

Let me get is straight - a DVD drive is needed so you can continue used pirated software? Right... something tells me this thread will be locked very quickly...

3. JTyler82 macrumors regular

4. Vandefilm macrumors regular

So you want a DVD-drive and instead of buying it with a MBP youre buying an imac? :D

5. ellaimac thread starter macrumors regular

I want an iMac since me graduating 6th grade is a huge milestone for me. So the reward should be special :)

6. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

I'm not up on all the other countries grades. What age are you to be graduating 6th grade?

7. Vandefilm macrumors regular

So you're just informing us that you're going to buy an Imac and you already got a MBA. Congrats.
    Or are you opening this thread to inform us of your desire to have a DVD-drive in the 2012 Imac because you need it to pirate?
    In that case, you're a lousy pirate because there are better ways to do that, which I won't say ofcourse :D.

8. ellaimac thread starter macrumors regular

Both. :apple::apple::apple: I will never want a pc my entire life, Im ALL-MAC :apple:

9. aircanman macrumors 6502

Isn't it legal in the Phillipines to copy software? Or should I say, not illegal.

10. Vandefilm macrumors regular

Just copying your software is legal everywhere. So if you say you make copy's of all your software and you lost the original copy you're fine (unless you 'lost' dozens of original copy's ofcourse ;)). If you give them to friends it's a different story.

11. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

You're in 6th grade and already have an MBA. You feel that upon graduating you should be given an iMac for the accomplishment? Then, you intend to purchase pirated disks because you can't afford to pay retail price.

Surely I must be missing something here between family is buying you thousand dollar computers, but can't buy you the latest Justin Beiber cd.

Oh well, hope you get what you're wishing for.

12. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

da da da da da da da da BAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok a 6th grader dosnt need an iMac! i just graduated grade school and am getting an iMac an I'm paying for half my mom and dad the rest. go get a macbook air or iPad!

14. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

15. ellaimac thread starter macrumors regular

This thread is serious. :apple::apple::apple:

16. Chrisg2014 macrumors regular

First I will tell you something important then I will tell you what I think about your situation.

I'm not telling you this because you want to pirate which I don't know why you told us this... it's illegal, I'm telling you this because everyone should know this and I'm pretty sure they do. You can share cd drives wirelessly. If you log on to any other mac, and I'm guessing you probably have another mac some where in your house. log on> Apple icon> System Preference > Share> turn on Share CD Drive, and you put a disk in, you can look at it on your MBA

Now to tell you what I think about your situation.

Going into 6th grade is not a milestone, if your family thinks it's a milestone, it means that they thought that you wouldn't make it to 7th grade and which case you shouldn't be getting a $1000+ computer. When you graduate High School that's a big deal, because after that your going to be on your own and your parents don't have to buy you anything. You have to be a man and get a job or a girl what ever you are. I just assuming your a boy.

Also if they don't have the money now to buy you that MBP they might not have the money to buy you a iMac.

17. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

LOL! Ouch

18. Smartie macrumors regular

Smartie

First of all, I think it is a silly thread. Having that said, I think most of you writing in this thread are idiots.

1) you are full of envy, or at least express a lot of envy just because a 6th grader can get an iMac as a present from his/her parents. This 6th grader getting an expensive present doesn't make you worse off, get on with your lives.
    2) if you go to 6th grade you are, depending on country of birth, 12 or 13 years old. How can you, I assume most of you being adults, treat a kid this way?? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Finally, for you ellaimac if you need a DVD burner and it happens to be left out of the next iMac, get an external one or save up to an external burner. While you are at it, get a bluray burner instead. And stay out of illegal stuff.

19. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Maybe that Justin Bieber CD would look strange on her dads company expense claim...

20. Power Macintosh macrumors member

Power Macintosh

Download Torrents. Problem solved. I download torrents and that's why I got rid of the SuperDrive on my MBP. Replaced it with another HDD. Still can't believe that they won't make a 3 TB 2.5"

21. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

22. Buffsteria macrumors regular

Buffsteria