DVD drive rejects discs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobscliff, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

When i put any disc into my superdrive, it reads it for a while, whines then rejects it. It never even shows up on my desktop! Can anyone help?

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Your title makes no sense. Have you tried another disc? If that still doesnt work, call Apple.

EDIT: Hey, I live in Princeton too!!

3. bobscliff thread starter macrumors regular

bobscliff

Haha yeah i'm a bit tired. I will call apple, although i'm way past warrantee. Where in princeton do you live? I live in west windsor, used to go to wwp hsn

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I live right in Princeton, and I go to PHS.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

if you're past warranty they will charge you for the support call.

6. 2fives macrumors regular

Apparently these drives pack it in quick. They're about $140 to relace. Personally I said screw that and bought a external drive for about 1/2 the price since I don't use the drive much.

7. kyen1 macrumors member

I got my MBP in August 2006 and in the past 2 months, it has also been having trouble reading audio CDs. Many of them get spat out.

For some reason, my Leopard disc and Aperture 2 disc, both of which I installed approx 2-3 weeks ago had no issue whatsoever.

I bought an LG external drive which is very solid and is much faster for ripping audio CDs so I just use that now.

8. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

9. hardlynoticable macrumors newbie

me too

I was hoping I'd come here and find people saying something like: "You just forgot to ___________, you dummy.".

I used it just a few days ago and it was fine. Today it just spits out (after a minute) every disk I put in.