dvd encoding and burning

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msett, Dec 9, 2007.

1. msett macrumors member

I use to use to Nero Vision on my windows desktop to burning and encoding xvid or divx movies. The quality always came out suprisingly impressive and they worked on my dvd players. I tried Toast Titanium 8 but the final dvd was not too impressive. Any other ideas? I am trying ffmpegx but it seems complicated and confusing to use. Any tips? Plus it doesn't do the burning.

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Use the search on the forums here first for your questions - many have been answered.

And to answer your current question:

Handbrake.
    Handbrake.
    Handbrake.

I've used ffmpegx - and many others. Handbrake is extremely easy to use - and provides great results.'

If you're trying to rip your own DVDs for your own backups (to be played in a DVD player) - and have them fit on single-layer dvdrs - Dvd2One seems to do the trick nicely. ffmpegx was supposed to have this feature - but it never worked for me. (had a strange issue, like it could only do ONE chapter - and would not compress any others - and I did have the full version)

3. msett thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. However I went on Handbrake's forums and downloaded the program. It's not meant for going from xvid to file to burn on dvd. Thats what I am trying to do.