DVD Exact Copy on Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Martron, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Martron macrumors regular

I've been using Handbrake to rip some of my dvds onto my harddrives for trips, but I want to make some copies so I don't have to bring originals. Is there any way to make an exact copy of the dvd on my macbook (obviously only one disc drive) through Handbrake or antother program?

I want to keep everything the same like having hte menu and dolby 5.1 if applicable. Is this possible?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You open up FairMount which downloads with handbreak, mount the DVD (it will do this automatically for you) and copy and paste the files to your hard drive.
    (use the Video_TS folder only)

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

If you want to compress the Video_TS folder of the DVD (after you've extracted it with FairMount), you can use a program like DVD Remaster (what I use) or DVD2One.

4. Martron thread starter macrumors regular

So I open the program Fairmount and just copy and paste the contents of the Video_TS folder onto my harddrive and then when I copy those to the blank DV-R?

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Copy the contents that FairMount mounts on your desktop. Once you copy the contents to your hard drive, you will have the decrypted version of the DVD. Now, you just need to burn it. If you don't have dual-layer DVDs, you will need an application like I posted above to compress the Video_TS folder to fit on a single layer DVD.

6. drossad macrumors regular

I didn't get Fairmount with Handbrake? Did I miss it?

7. Martron thread starter macrumors regular