DVD game on computer permanantly?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by skills73, Apr 27, 2010.

1. skills73 macrumors newbie

I am having issues (again) with my superdrive..it keeps spitting out DVD's and CD's...I have a game that I always play and was hoping I could find a way to play it without having to put the DVD in the computer. It says I need to insert the DVD to play the game but is there any program out there that will let me 'mount' the DVD permanently on the computer so that I don't need to have the DVD in my Macbook Pro? It's just a pain that I keep having to insert the DVD 5 times before the computer accepts it (plus I don't really always want to have to carry the DVD around with me whereever I go...). Any ideas on a software that will help me do this? Thanks!

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

What game is it?
    Some games people made "Fixed images" that you can mount and allow you to play. Or even no cd patches.

You can also use disk utility to create a disk image, and just mount it by double clicking.

Some games don't work by just double clicking a disk image, so what you can do is Get a copy of Toast (CD/DVD burning software) it has a built in virtual CD/DVD drive.

3. skills73 thread starter macrumors newbie

it's Neverwinter's Night 2. I tried creating a discimage but when I click on that it just opens up like as if I was to open the CD to install the game. I tried clicking on the icon in my dock, but it still asks for me to put the CD in...I tried Toast Titanium and when I mount the disc image I created from the game DVD, it mounts it..but when I click on the icon for the game in my dock, it still asks for the CD...like it doesn't recognize the mounted Toast version...what am I doing wrong?