DVD Images with Flip4Mac's "Drive-in" app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Raid, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I was wondering if many here have heard / used the Drive-in beta from Flip4mac to create a usable DVD image on their computer? I just discovered this program last night and tried it out on a couple of disks, it works under the DVD player app, but the images are not recognized in Leopard's Front Row. I was wondering if anyone here is having the same problem...

At any rate I'm pleased at the potential for this program, as I really wanted to play full featured DVD's on my computer without having to remember which box I stored the disk in! From my tinkering last night I found that Drive-in will pull Meta tag info from Amazon as well as cover art, and it worked for two disks that are pretty rare titles. If this hooks up with Front Row eventually, (and allows the deletion of preview tracks) I would definitely pick up a licence for it!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You can already do this with Disk Utility. Just make a new image and mount it when you want to watch the DVD.

Edit : Except my solution does not link with Front Row.

3. Raid thread starter macrumors 68020

Raid

Well I did try the disk utility route, but trying to get an .iso right from the disk gave me a permissions error (I assume that's the DRM) and using MacTheRipper then trying to create an .iso resulted in failure as well.

So far Drive-in hasn't worked with Front Row yet, but I'm hopeful it will on the next update. It's a pretty simple solution to my DVD viewing problem.