DVD length limit problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MarauderFox79, Nov 13, 2007.

1. MarauderFox79 macrumors newbie

For a while now, I have been trying my best to burn a DVD of some episodes of a show I have, together the episodes come out to about 3 and a half hours long. I want a simple DVD menu, but nothing fancy. Whenever I try to make a DVD using iDVD or toast, it only allows me about 2 hours of video. I know there is another way because I found someone who made a DVD with the same amount of episodes, but unfortunately I can't get in contact with that person. I'm willing to get another program if I have to, I just need to figure this out, because otherwise it will take me 11 DVDs to burn the whole season and I'd rather use only 5 if I could.

Thank you in advance for your help

2. bozigle macrumors regular

yop
    idvd and toast reincode the video so that it fits maximum two hours... nothing you can do about that if you want your tv show as dvd (different that dvd that contains movie of whichever format you have)
    if you really want to reduce the amount of dvd... then go for double layers

note: 2hours of video on dvd are already pretty bad quality... if you don't want to end up with some youtube' quality level i would advice you to keep it like that or use double layers