DVD Menu Ripping?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CarlHeanerd, Jun 29, 2008.

1. CarlHeanerd macrumors member

CarlHeanerd

Hey, I am rather new to the Mac platform, and I am looking for software that can rip a DVD menu I made in iDVD to an iMovie compatible format. I plan on using it for a YouTube intro... Can Handbrake do it? I can't figure out how to get that to work. All help appreciated.
    :apple:20" 2.4 GHz Aug '07 iMac
    :apple:8GB iPod Touch
    :apple:2nd Gen iPod mini

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

the only way you could do that would be to either burn the dvd project (or save it as a ts folder) then re-rip it using something like handbrake (obviously you wouldnt get buttons etc just the animated intro or whatever). The only other way would be to preview it and use screen capture software like ishowu etc. A better way if your not actually making a physical dvd would be to maybe use keynote for animating elements etc and exporting as quicktime.

3. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

or just get the latest version of mac the ripper which will allow you to selectively rip the menus, chapters, etc.

4. MacFanatic08 macrumors member

Could you burn the menu onto a DVD, and then use MacTheRipper to rip it? :confused:

5. CarlHeanerd thread starter macrumors member

CarlHeanerd

Can you tell me exactly how to use handbrake to do that? I can't find an option to do that...