Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
I converted a DVD movie, using DVD43 & HandBrake, to an mv4 file. I transferred the file to Movies in the iTunes Library. However, after I sync the iPhone, it does not appear on the iPhone. I added it to an iTunes Playlist, but it doesn't show on the iPhone after syncing. I can transfer the DVD movie to the iPhone using the AirSharing application, but I thought it should work like an mp3 song.

Any ideas?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Have you tried checking that specific movie under the video tab after you plug the iPhone in. If the movie is greyed out, there is something wrong with they way that you ripped it. Bit rate may be too high or something.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Have you tried checking that specific movie under the video tab after you plug the iPhone in. If the movie is greyed out, there is something wrong with they way that you ripped it. Bit rate may be too high or something.

Thanks - big help. I didn't scroll down far enough to see it under the Video tab. It is greyed out.

bildio

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
New Jersey

Thanks - big help. I didn't scroll down far enough to see it under the Video tab. It is greyed out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.