DVD Movie Doesn't Show on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bildio, Jul 12, 2009.

1. bildio macrumors regular

I converted a DVD movie, using DVD43 & HandBrake, to an mv4 file. I transferred the file to Movies in the iTunes Library. However, after I sync the iPhone, it does not appear on the iPhone. I added it to an iTunes Playlist, but it doesn't show on the iPhone after syncing. I can transfer the DVD movie to the iPhone using the AirSharing application, but I thought it should work like an mp3 song.

Any ideas?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Have you tried checking that specific movie under the video tab after you plug the iPhone in. If the movie is greyed out, there is something wrong with they way that you ripped it. Bit rate may be too high or something.

3. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - big help. I didn't scroll down far enough to see it under the Video tab. It is greyed out.

4. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - big help. I didn't scroll down far enough to see it under the Video tab. It is greyed out.

5. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

You should be able to right-click the video and 'Convert to iPhone compatable format'