DVD movie..to...macbook..to..microsd?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 53 willys, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 53 willys macrumors newbie

hey guys I have a question I hope you guys might can help..
    I picked up a galaxy tab 2 for my kids and I want to load some movies onto it for a upcoming road trip.....how the heck can I load a DVD movie I bought and own onto my mac and then back onto a micro SD card so it will play the movie on the tab2?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. mrwalsh1968 macrumors member

+ 1 for Handbrake.

It's just so simple to what I remember from my Windoze days...very tiresome that was.

4. 53 willys thread starter macrumors newbie

so I had already loaded handbrake before this post and everytime I open it and try to load the DVD is closes "unexpectedly":confused:

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Try reinstalling handbrake.

6. 53 willys thread starter macrumors newbie

I am reinstalling it now...

do I need to use a certain DVD to do this? I'm trying to load a pretty new DVD...it's "Brave" for my daughters tab...

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's not uncommon for newest DVDs to include tricks that cause the ripping programs such as Handbrake to fail. Try a different dvd first.

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

If that doesn't work, download ripit and try that, then encode with handbrake.

9. 53 willys thread starter macrumors newbie

so I reinstalled and it seems to be working.....but only with a different DVD...maybe "brave" has some new security on it?

I understand these company's not wanting stuff to get pirated all the time but it's so frustrating that I cant just get a DVD I paid for and load it on any of my mobile devices...:(

thanks for your help guys.....soon as this is done I will see if I can actually get it moved over to the SD card....

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It's possible. Give ripit a shot. It will make a .dvdmedia file that you can then convert with handbrake.

11. 53 willys thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help guys...I got it all figured out and added to the micro card!
    Thanks again....