dvd places in some players not others

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rosemcgue, Mar 5, 2011.

1. rosemcgue macrumors newbie

I've made a small video about 30 mins from one of our activityes for our church for a fund raiser. I edited the video in final cut express exported as quick time and took to idvd and created movie with theme then burned to dvds
    . movie consists of about 8 minutes of photos the video and credits. Some members report plays only the photos and loops other report only theme page and music appear but no title or buttons appear. I bring home these same videos and they play fine on my computer and on my bose dvd player. Help do I need to format differently so it will play on all players or is there no fix?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

That's just the way it is, I think. Some home produced dvds will play in some dvd players, but not in others. It could be the brand of dvd's that you are using, or it could be the way that individual players accept dvds.

3. rosemcgue thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks I didn't know if it was something I was doing wrong I will try another brand of dvd.

4. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

From my experience iDVD really hasn't done that great of a job, I always stick with DVD Studio Pro for all of my DVD authoring. One issue could be that the video you are putting to DVD is a quicktime .MOV and that is not the type of format that DVD's need. You would need an MPEG-2 video to create a proper DVD.

5. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

iDVD does all the conversion and multiplexing needed.

I'd go with
    • try different brand of DVD
    • burn slower (can't remember if iDVD can vary the burning speed - not at my Macs at the mo)
    • pay attention to details like TV safe areas
    • change encoding to "better performance"

Good luck.

6. rosemcgue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice Have bought a different brand dvd and will try that also changed to best performance and will also check out dvd studio pro if necessary thanks again everyoneRose