Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
With Leopard being released soon, a new feature in frontrow is the look and feel like that of the ATV. It will also play DVD's (like before). Will the frontrow software be similar to ATV and if so, how hard do you think it will be to copy over the framework to the ATV to read video TS files? (I have not been able to figure out nitotv yet :()

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
With Leopard being released soon, a new feature in frontrow is the look and feel like that of the ATV. It will also play DVD's (like before). Will the frontrow software be similar to ATV and if so, how hard do you think it will be to copy over the framework to the ATV to read video TS files? (I have not been able to figure out nitotv yet :()

Me too. Have not seen anything mentioned about AppleTV. I'm getting one, but waiting till Jan. MacWorld Expo in SF. In case the announcements are made there. I'd like to buy one in Nov for Christmas, but I'm sure I'm going to regret it come January. :p

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Me too. Have not seen anything mentioned about AppleTV. I'm getting one, but waiting till Jan. MacWorld Expo in SF. In case the announcements are made there. I'd like to buy one in Nov for Christmas, but I'm sure I'm going to regret it come January. :p

The Apple TVs can be had cheaper than the $300 now though, and you could always put it on ebay, when the new one comes out.

tomacintosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2005
Something tells me the Apple TV and Mac Mini will merge to create an even better Media Centre that's capable of playing DVD's and running OSX over your HDTV :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.