DVD Player and Leopard Switching question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GStreakT, Nov 21, 2007.

1. GStreakT macrumors member

Heylo! I'm going to be getting a MacBook Pro soon. I'm pretty excited but also..well..unsure. I heard that iLife'08 didn't do as good as compareted to iLife '06 (and also, Tiger is much more acclaimed than Leopard). My question is, has anyone uninstalled Leopard and installed Tiger on a mac that shipped out with Leopard? I'm having a hunch that I might have to do it.

As an aside, I hope DVD Player in iLife '08 is better. I really hope it comes with 2 sets of volumes (the system volume in addition to the DVD Player remote volume bar). I know iTunes has it that way.

Thanks much!

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Whoa...slow down there. Leopard is better than Tiger, you should have no need to downgrade.

Also, iLife '08 improves on iLife '06 with the possible exception of iMovie (but you can download the old version at apple.com anyway, so there's no problem.)

Just relax, and enjoy the new Mac :)

3. GStreakT thread starter macrumors member

Lol, thanks, Much Ado. I don't know why I'm worked up on this. Four years ago, I would have been in hysterics about me getting a second laptop. The MacBook I have is only a year old and...I just don't want to give Apple more of my money. I'm an art student so I need the extra speed and graphics. And in case you're wondering, my parents chose the MacBook for me, but they've been regretting it now:)

4. GStreakT thread starter macrumors member

Come to thnk of it, wasn't it iMovie '08 that Steve Jobs claimed could do things that iMovie '06 couldn't. I know in his keynote, one of his Apple colleagues went scube diving and wanted to put together a movie but iMovie '06 just couldn't do it 'cause they overlooked something, and iMovie '08 had it and was now more easier to make/create videos. Lol, I had no idea it got so bad that Apple had to even put a link of iMovie'06 to download off their own website. Good going, Steve...