DVD Player and Regional settings

Cosi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Is there a way to 'unlock' the regional settings in DVD Player? I only have 1 shot left at changing the regional code? Any assistance here would be highly appreciated - i enjoy watching Region 1 & 2 DVD's. :D :eek:

Linkjeniero

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
I don't think there is, but you could just use VLC. It's free, and multizone.

PS: OR you could fight their fascist and arbitraty region codes, not to mention the non-requested, non-skipable advertisement, by using pirated disks ;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I don't know what the laws are like in Australia, but you should be able to "region flash" your drive so that the 5-change limit is no longer in effect. It's legal to do this is NZ, I'm assuming that Australia is the same.

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
Nermal said:
I don't know what the laws are like in Australia, but you should be able to "region flash" your drive so that the 5-change limit is no longer in effect. It's legal to do this is NZ, I'm assuming that Australia is the same.
How would I go about doing this on my PowerBook? From what I gather, there's no patch for the Matshita UJ-835E. I read somewhere that an Apple Service Provider can reset the drive so that you can change the region five more times. Apparently you only get five sets of five region changes before it's totally locked. Is there any truth to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.