DVD player controller stuck off screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by secretpact, Aug 10, 2009.

1. secretpact macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how to reset the position of the DVD Player app's controller? It's stuck off screen and I can't get to it. Thank you!!

2. Genetheninja macrumors member

Genetheninja

Same problem

I am having the same problem! The controls are stuck off screen. The only part of the controller visible is the edge of the drawer and I can't grab it.
    Help please! If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Is there anyway you can hook an external monitor up?

4. lkirkup macrumors newbie

lkirkup

Make sure you have the DVD player running and visible.
    Goto System Preferences > Displays and reduce the screen resolution.
    Then when asked, click on Revert.

Now when you go back to the DVD player the controller should have moved back onto the screen.

5. Genetheninja macrumors member

Genetheninja

@lkirkup

Wow! Thanks, that worked! Much appreciated!:)

@tjb1
    I actually have an external monitor hooked up. That would have also worked to change the orientation of the other monitor. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that!
    Thanks again!

6. Hjiorst macrumors newbie

Better Solution

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I had this problem recently and the solution offered did not help. Actually, my controller was not too far off-screen, it was just gone. I went through all the above motions in the menu bar, and tried the screen re-sizing trick to no avail.

This solution worked, and will reportedly work with any problem of a controller in any app that has disappeared or moved off-screen:

Turn off your DVD player. Go to the Users folder --> Library --> Preferences folder and find the file named "com.apple.DVDPlayer.plist" and trash it. Re-start your DVD player and the controller should re-appear.

I am posting this because I found three other forum threads on this topic on the web and none of them had the solution. This was found by looking for a solution to any controller no longer showing on the Mac.