Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappySnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
The DVD player controller is trapped off screen. If I "open control door" from the menu i can see it just poking out but can't move it.

screenshot20100808at145.png

That's a screenshot of the bottom left corner of the screen with the control door open, with it closed you cannot see it at all.
No one else seems to have had this problem from my searching but is there a way to reset the position or something?

Cheers if anyone can help.

Genetheninja

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Same thing here!

I have the exact same thing happening with my mine! I can't find any solutions! If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!!

HappySnail

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Mine magically returned a week or so ago. Sorry, if I knew why it returned or disappeared in the first place i'd tell you. Turning off spaces might help if you have it on, hopefully it'll just fix itself like mine.

Hjiorst

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Uberalles, California
Sorry to resurrect this very old thread, but I had this problem recently and found no help in the four forums on the internet in which I found the problem being discussed. Being OCD, I am providing the solution to all the threads that I can do so. Maybe it will shorten someone's search.

Actually, my controller was not too far off-screen, it was just gone. I went through all the motions in the menu bar, and tried the screen re-sizing trick to no avail.

This solution worked, and will reportedly work with any problem of a controller in any app that has disappeared or moved off-screen:

Turn off your DVD player. Go to the Users folder --> Library --> Preferences folder and find the file named "com.apple.DVDPlayer.plist" and trash it. Re-start your DVD player and the controller should re-appear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.