Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sabreman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I can't seem to get DVD Player to retain and use saved zoom settings for all disks. I have a Standard Def TV and don't like large bars at the top and bottom of the screen, so I use "Standard Display - Widescreen Mode" so I tried to Save the opreset and clicking the "Use for All Disks" check box. When I insert another disk, the zoom reverts to "Normal" (unzoomed) mode. I've tried deleting the DVD Player plist file, but that has no effect. I also tried unchecking the "Video Zoom" box under DVD Player Prefs (Previously viewed tab/Always use Disk settings), but that doesn't let the preset be used for all disks. Basically, the Save Preset option seems useless unless you view the same disk again.

I know that some will say "just set the zoom anyway that you want", but I'm using a Mac Mini as a media server and don't want to use a keyboard to control DVD Player. I'd use Front Row for DVD Playing, but it too doesn't seem to pick up DVD Player's settings as it should.

Any help will be appreciated!

F

fwgmills

I'm also having this problem. Even when I go into the DVD app and set the auto zoom when I quit and go into Front Row and play the same DVD the zoom has changed. It's very irritating since there is no zoom control on the apple remote.

Info: MacMini running Snow Leopard using DVI-HDMI to a DLP HDTV

And no, on the HDMI input there is no way to scale the picture on my TV since it assumes that HDMI screen sizes are fixed and shouldn't need adjustment.

Is there a solution to this or should I try something like Plex?

-FWGMills

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.