DVD Player Freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tjb1, Oct 22, 2010.

1. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I found a problem last night while trying to watch a dvd through dvd player, whenever I put the video into fullscreen it freezes after about 2-3 seconds of play but the sound still comes through and as soon as I take it out of fullscreen it resume the play... The problem happened when using an MDP-HDMI out and it happens whether its in Mirrored or Split mode, using intel or nvidia and just trying it now on the MBP only with no output, it freezes no matter if fullscreen or in window so what can I do to fix this beside download a new player or vlc...

Also, if I right-click and have a menu open in dvd player the video plays fine but as soon as the menu closes it freezes...

2. tjb1 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I have apparently found a problem that a Phone Tech, or Senior Advisor can't fix so its going to the engineering team...

Hello Tyler,

I was not able to test it on another macbook pro computer with the same model as yours so i escalated the issue over to our engineering department to have it look at. Once i get a respond back from engineering, i will give you a call.

Thank you.

Tom
    Apple