Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
This has only started happening today, I want to watch a DVD on my iMac, and DVD Player wont play it. I've tried different DVDs and I've also tried playing the movies from Video_TS folders on my HDD, still, it wont play. DVD Player will play a few seconds, then the video and audio will stop and freeze. If I try to click stop, or anything else i get a "Not Permitted" bubble appear, and if I click Pause I get a message "DVD Player has encountered a system error. Error -69889"

I've tried totally removing DVD Player, its plist's, and folders and restoring a old versions from Time Machine. Still, nothing works. This also happens in Front Row.UPADTE: I fixed VLC by reinstalling it. But DVD Player and Front Row still dont function.

Please help. Heres the link to a short video screencast that shows exactly what happens:http://j0wkcw.blu.livefilestore.com...UONmFSLKWhp-5vxs2QICjyH/capture1.mov?download

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
Everything except DVDs and VIDEO_TS folders works. Its not the drive or the disks, because VIDEO_TS folders on my hard-drive dont play either. I should also say, most DVDs are affected and wont play, but some do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.