DVD player media doc - how to burn?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thumperbill, Dec 20, 2008.

1. thumperbill macrumors newbie

I have downloaded a movie which came as a DVD player media document. I can view it on the Mac but don't understand how to burn it onto a disk to play on my DVD player. The apps I have don't recorgnize it. First time I have encountered this so sorry if it is a very basic question.

My thanks for your help!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If we knew what the file extension was we may be able to advise of some options. Roxio Popcorn and Toast are the most popular burning applications for Mac or for Windows systems, but they are not free.

3. thumperbill thread starter macrumors newbie

.dvdmedia is the extension on a Mac

I've tried dragging it to Toast on the Mac but it doesn't recognize the type of file. Is Popcorn the only other option?

4. macffooky macrumors regular

Right click, select Show Package Contents and drag out the VIDEO_TS folder which you can then burn with Toast either via its VIDEO_TS option (Video tab) or as DVD-ROM (UDF) (data tab).

5. xSinghx Suspended

xSinghx

I have the same question actually although I need to compress the dvd player media doc before burning it. As it is I can't fit it on a reg. dvd. I'm also not using toast but I do have compressor and dvd studio pro.

thanks for any help