Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irish Terrier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
I have two commercial discs that I have been watching. Now one of them is not being read by my DVD Player. I watched the disc last night. I cannot read it today, but I can still read the other one.

Can you help?

eagles58

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2010
there is something wrong with the disk itself, try playing it in a dvd player hooked up to a tv?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What exact MacBook do you have?
picture9vc1.png

about_this_mac_04.png

What region do you use?
What Mac OS X version do you run?
Does Disk Utility show the DVD?

longlegcraig

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
Similar issue

I am having the same issue. a commercial DVD, recognized by my macbook pro, and my xbox, and dvd player, but not on my macpro tower.

I have tried BOTH Drives in my macpro. both yield same result. I get the dialog box that says I have inserted a blank disc.

•Computer Serial# is G87041ZZUPZ

•Last I knew, the machine was configured to run the North America Region, which is where the disk is from. is there a way to confirm that is configured correctly? I have in the past done a complete reformat, reinstall, and upgrade to this machine.....

•I am running MAC OS 10.6.4, and everything is supposedly up to date. I reset the SMC to yield no result.

•The drives work to burn CDs, read CDs, and it recognizes the snow leopard install dvd with no problem. The drive shows up in disk utility, but with the Bon Jovi DVD, it alerts me that I have inserted a blank disk, and disk utility does show the drive, but not the specific disk. I have 2 drives in this machine, both "SONY DVD RW DW-D150A" Both are functioning in the exact same manner.

any clues as to what may be the issue here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.