DVD Player not showing picture.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wttheninja, May 1, 2010.

1. wttheninja macrumors member

Hey everyone,

My DVD player application is not showing the picture. Yet it is playing the sounds of the movies and also i can select the main menu options. What do I need to do?

2. paulpet macrumors member

I have the same problem. Did you get this resolved?

I have the latest 15" i5 macbook pro.

3. paulpet macrumors member

So it seems DVD Player won't show a picture when my macbook pro is connected to my 30" Dell monitor via display port cable. Picture won't show on the laptop screen either (when connected to the monitor).

Weird, but not a huge issue. Works on VLC.

4. trugmac9 macrumors newbie

has anyone captured hd footage in imovie?

Okay hate to be such a dipstick,but this slite problem i've encountered is really
    stumbled me.Don't think it makes much sense,but the thing is:I purchased the mac solely because i have a HD cybercam JVC camcorder.But once I got ready to start editing & importing footage 1st prob was the different firewire port, okay so i get the new firewire needed.Then I wasn't able to capture my HD footage (for awhile) so i kept on trying & trying,now get this some how some way i was able to grab & upload some HD footage so i did......Next time I tried
    to do the same thing wasn't able,& every time after since then i just couldn't get it to capture any HD footage, only DV footage...i'm in desperate need of assistance....I WOULD ASK IF IMOVIE WAS COMPATIBLE, & ABLE TO CAPTURE HD FOOTAGE BUT I WAS ABLE TO CAPTURE ONCE, BUT JUST CAN'T NOW FOR SOME REASON.?WHAT SHOULD I DO ?:confused: