DVD Player on Mac.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sayyruhh, Apr 17, 2009.

1. sayyruhh macrumors newbie

I have a Mac OS X version 10.4 and I can't seem to play DVD's on it. I had played DVD's in the past, but I just went to put one in and it does not read it. I usually play them with VLC but when I open it, it does nothing. Someone please help. Thanks so much!

2. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

Hmmm. try doing going on Finder, then go on Applications, then DVD player, and then bring it up and insert the DVD. See how that works.

James

3. cofloyd86 macrumors newbie

i also need some help. i went to start a movie a couple of minutes ago and i could not even find my dvd player. i went to spotlight it cant find it. i know i did not delete it. how can i get it back. do i need to go to a apple store.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It's not in your applications folder? If not, you can either download and use something like VLC player, or you may be able to install it stand-alone off the system application installation DVD.

5. cofloyd86 macrumors newbie

6. foothead macrumors regular

Try a different DVD, if it doesn't work, try something besides a movie that is on DVD. If You still get nothing, it could be your DVD drive, your OS, your mobo, etc.