Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
I have changed my region a few times since we have a multi-region dvd player I have brought some US dvd's when I have been over there. It says this will be the last time I can change it so I want to set it back to Region 2 (our native region). However when I click to set the region I get this error:

There was a problem changing the drive region code.
Error: -70001

Anyone know a way I can change the region back to 2?

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
starnox said:
I have changed my region a few times since we have a multi-region dvd player I have brought some US dvd's when I have been over there. It says this will be the last time I can change it so I want to set it back to Region 2 (our native region). However when I click to set the region I get this error:

There was a problem changing the drive region code.
Error: -70001

Anyone know a way I can change the region back to 2?

You need to have a disk from the region you want to set the drive to in the drive at the time that you are trying to set the region.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
mrichmon said:
You need to have a disk from the region you want to set the drive to in the drive at the time that you are trying to set the region.

Yeah I have, and when I try to set it to region 2 I get that error.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
Anyone? It's really starting to annoy me now :( I don't want to format my Mac just to get it working.

jleigh

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2006
New Jersey
Same Problem

I am having the same problem, except I haven't changed mine before. It is set to Region 6, which is China and I want to set it to Region 1, US & Canada. I only planned to change mine once since every DVD I own seems to be Universal or Region 1.

If anyone knows what the problem is... please help.

I have my DVD in the drive but still get Error 70001

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.