DVD player problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LMacMac, Aug 8, 2014.

1. LMacMac, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

LMacMac macrumors newbie

Hello all,

My first post, and a plea for assistance.

My optical drive didn't register for a moment, and I panicked and did this stupid patch code on terminal, which didn;t help,

then I followed some instructions and somehow deleted dvdplayback exec file.

I restarted my mac - and the optical drive is now fine - of course I should have left terminal well alone -

DVD's now register, but the player doesn;t work. I get this:

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/AppleSystemInfo
    Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback
    Reason: image not found

I must say I also downloaded a new dvd playback exec file and put it back in DVD.framework/Version/A folder, as that was the previous Error Message.

Please don;t ask me to explain how i got here - i've learnt my lesson. I just wonder if someone can help with the following:

1. Restore dvd player to play! - or re-install this app clean.
    2. Is this isolated, or could i have messed something else up i haven;t discovered yet?

Thank you so much!

----------

I just worked this out:

I created a .bak file in terminal. The instructions were that - is the patch didn;t work, then rename the .bak file by deleting the .bak

However it says I don;t have permission to do so. I would assume that if i could solve that then all is back to normal?

I Now get this Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback
    Referenced from: /Applications/DVD Player.app/Contents/MacOS/DVD Player
    Reason: image not found

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Did you try:

-Copying the DVD Player application from another Mac.

-Restoring from a previous time Machine backup

-Re-install OS X?

3. LMacMac thread starter macrumors newbie

- How would I copy from another mac?
    -I don't use time machine
    - I've just installed a brand new SSD - I was weary of writing over it again, however, perhaps I shouldn;t be concerned - what;s your opinion? If it;s fine i'll probably just go with this option.

thank you so much for taking the time and answering.