DVD Prices - Amazon, The Hut, Play, Woolworths?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I usually buy all my DVDs for Christmas from Amazon, and I happened to stumble upon Woolworths.co.uk for something completely unrelated.

They have Wall-e and the new Indiana Jones movie available for pre-order for only £9.90, where as I paid roughly £13 for the same movies on Amazon. So I've cancelled my order and reordered with Woolworths.

You expect Amazon to be the lowest for prices due to the reputation they have built up over the years. I certainly wouldn't have expected Woolworths to be cheaper!

Where do you buy your DVDs from? Whether it be for Christmas or for yourself.

2. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

You might find this site useful:

Find-DVD

3. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

I have used Play.com a bit in the past, but i've found their customer service to be quite poor for everything but the most trivial issues.

I've been using Amazon for a long time, and their customer service is usually exemplary (although sometimes an issue takes a couple of emails to clarify). Their prices are the most consistently low, at least in my experience. Their pre-order price promise is good too.

However, i do usually use www.find-dvd.co.uk just to check if anyone's decided to start a price war with Amazon on a particular DVD!

4. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

5. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

It is pretty nifty, isn't it?!

If it brings up no matches for a DVD or an obscure version, try a different spelling / way of writing the title. I've found searches sometimes need a little modification to get to the most complete list of prices for a DVD.

Also, if you're looking to compare videogame prices, try www.find-games.co.uk

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I've always bought DVDs from amazon, but if there's somewhere that's cheaper I'd like to know too.