DVD Problems..?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SSpiro, Aug 1, 2007.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Having issues with DVD's..

I've tried inserting 4 or 5 different DVD's, they load in DVD Player, but nothing happens.

They won't show as loaded in MacTheRipper or Toast either.. and no icon on the desktop.

These are standard DVD movies that I know work fine.

Any thoughts??

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

So it's spinning them up but they're not showing up in anything? Or does it spit them out after a few seconds?

I've seen behavior like that, but only when the drive was dying--it'd try to read a disc and then fail, so spit it out.

See if you can start up from the DVD that came with the computer (put it in, restart, hold down the C key); if that doesn't work, call Apple and get it fixed under warranty. If it does, must be a problem with your OS install, and I have no suggestions. Install any system modifications/hacks recently?

3. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I'll try that trick here in a few minutes.

It doesn't spit it out. Just spins it and does nothing. If I run DVD player, it wont play. If I run mactheripper, it won't read (says no dvd loaded)

Only things installed lately is himmel bar, and the latest round of updates. It's been acting weird for a while, however.

Sigh!

4. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro