DVD quality/iTunes question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by newmacchick, Jul 31, 2007.

1. newmacchick macrumors member

I just tried a DVD in my MacBook Pro and I have to say, the quality is terrible; really really really pixelated. Is this the fault of the DVD player application, and is there a way to fix it? Also, is there another DVD player application that will do a better job?

About iTunes...does it need to connect to the internet to get information about your song files or is there a way to set it up so it just grabs that information from the songs themselves? I guess I'll have to wait for an internet connection, but I really don't want to type in the song names, album titles, artists, etc for 1000 songs.

Thanks,
    ~newmacchick

2. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

This is coming late, but...

From what I could see, I thought Apple's DVD player looked fine, equivalent to PowerDVD on Windows, though I've heard others claim it doesn't look as good.

Not sure what you meant about song files. If you're talking about MP3 or AAC files that already have information in them, iTunes will display it. If there's no info in them, you'd have to add it manually (same for any media player). If it's a CD, there is no information stored on it about the file names, media players pull that from a database on the internet (CDDB or something like that?).