DVD-r not playing (incorrect disc)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marcel37, May 13, 2008.

1. marcel37 macrumors newbie

Greetings,

I have a Video_TS file of my project and have been burning DVD-r's in Toast Titanium 7.1.2.

My problem is that most players claim incorrect disc, or simple do not read the disc. I've tried Toshiba and Hitachi. Apex and Polaroid players (which cost about 30 bucks each read it without a problem.) I've also tried various brands of DVD-r's.

The DVD plays fine on any Mac DVD Player, which launches automatically after I insert the disc.

I've tried down-grading to and older verison of Toast, different computers and different DVD-r writer drives.

Can anyone tell me if DVD STUDIO PRO can burn Video_TS files? Very confused as to why this is happening and appreciate any advice/input.

Thanks,
    M

2. oli2140 macrumors 6502

What you are doing is correct. The problem is that some DVD players cannot correctly read DVD-R discs and your only choice is to upgrade to a DVD player that can play burnt discs.

3. huntercr macrumors 65816

This might sound stupid, but make sure you're nor burning DVD+R media Most Mac DVD-R drives are also +R, and +R has a different compatibility matrix than -R ... generally older players won't be able to play +R.
    Toshiba doesn't work? Interesting... They're generally VERY permissive. My old Toshiba from at least 6 years ago plays CDV, CVD, and DVD-R at all sorts of crazy resolutions ( 480x480 for instance, perfect for TIVO ) and it was just a cheap mid-model one. It doesn't play DVD+R's though

Also, what brand is your media? I'm reaching here, but it's a possibility.

If you want to make absolutely sure it's not TOAST authoring the disc wrong, create some 2 minute long video and burn a DVD-R with iDVD.

if *that* doesn't work either, then you can be sure it is your player, or your media.