DVD Repair... Trackpad Assembly... unhappy!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NeverhadaPC, Jul 5, 2011.

1. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

I just got back my uMBP (Mid-2009) after the Optical drive failed (7 days without my uBaby!). To my surprise they had also "Replaced the Trackpad" (said the Genius) and described it as a 'Trackpad Assembly' on the Work Confirmation Sheet. I asked why... and he said the Trackpad had failed a diagnostic test (though I never had a problem with it!).

Now, the trackpad's top left corner and top is raised *above* the body case to such an effect that I can actually place my nail under the trackpad. I am pretty angry that they replaced it without my consent and did a shoddy job as well...:mad:

How unhappy should I really be? I still have AppleCare, but I don't want to wait another week without a computer...

Suggestions?

2. emiljan, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Well you have a right to be angry, but its not going to help you, i suggest you take it back to the apple store and talk to the manager about the trackpad issue. But if they choose to replace the trackpad again you might be without your mac for another week.

I had a similar issue with my MBP screen, and it took them 4 tries to finally get a screen that was close to the quality of the original. Every time they fixed the screen, another problem would arise.

3. NeverhadaPC thread starter macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

I took it back to the Apple Store and they took it back and "fixed" it. Now, the trackpad is level with the body and he said that during "assembly" they had bent a piece of metal and he had just made it straight again....

Seriously, what kind of service is this, where they replace a DVD drive by bending a trackpad leveler...:mad:

At least it is mostly fixed and I have another year left, if anything should happen.

PS: They also told me that if I install my own RAM, I will void my warranty... what a load of BS!:mad::mad::mad:

4. iMacDragon macrumors 68000

iMacDragon

THey're getting their facts wrong, then. Manual even tells you how to do it.