DVD Rescaling (Full Screen) and Time Machine

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macphisto, Jul 29, 2008.

1. macphisto macrumors regular

Has anyone noticed a rescaling issue with 10.5.4 DVD Player and Time Machine?

My wife watches DVDs frequently on her MacBook and I have noticed that one minute after Time Machine backs up to our Time Capsule, the DVD exits full screen mode to some random windowed size. Even more recently, she hits apple + F to go back to full screen and it re-scales itself. She has to hit this key command again to go to full screen and it is fine for another hour.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way around it or a way to fix it?

2. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

Exact same problem here on a Aluminum iMac 3 ghz with the Nvidia graphics. No fix that I'm aware of - hopefully 10.5.5 whenever it shows up. Haven't tried playing a DVD in front row to see if the problem occurs there as well, I'll give that a shot next time I watch one.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Bump because I'm being annoyed by this exact issue. I'm on 10.5.5 by the way, and it didn't bring any fixes.

Maybe I should use Front Row instead. It's annoying though, because Apple DVD Player is the easiest, since it automatically starts when I insert a DVD.

Strange bug.