Dvd ripper software

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by efp722, Aug 24, 2008.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

I just got an ipod touch and I would really like to get some of my episodes of Heroes on it. When ever i try to use mactheripper it only rips the first episode and thats it.

I've looked into the program 4Media DVD Ripper and that lets me chose what content on the disk I would to rip from the dvd but the trial version will only do 5 minutes.

Does anyone know of any freeware that would help me out?

Also, when i was using mactheripper, i chose to do a main feature extraction, because that is what i do with all my movies (this is my first time doing a tv series) would doing a full disk extraction be a better idea? And would that make seperate files of each episode?

I am not really sure where to post this so I will be posting it around in different threads (sorry about that)

Thanks in advance.

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

this is illegal, look around you'll find something, but not here

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read Forum Rules before posting:

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

If i'm not mistaken it is not illegal. He is ripping his own copies of Heroes for use on his ipod touch. this is legal.

OP: try Handbrake.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

pfft! what so illegal about ripping your OWN DVDs to an iPod? OP search around the forums and youll find your answer.

6. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks man... i was really at a loss as to what to do. I didn't mean to break forum rules... I'll keep looking

7. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

while it really sucks and i completely hate it but the dmca makes this illegal. and its against the law for the op to do it and if you live in the usa its illegal to help. well it is here in the good old USofA, which philly is a part of.

8. Griffter macrumors member

Griffter

Not illegal (at least in the UK), its just slightly dubious. I'm reading law on this subject at the moment, its exactly the same as ripping music onto iTunes, only if you then sell on the disks or give away (i.e. by hand or via filesharing) or sell the copies you've made, will you get into trouble

Try Handbreak, ( http://handbrake.fr/ ) it has a number of great presets that totally streamline this process.

9. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

I don't think it's quite so clear cut, since whenever someone says 'DMCA' in the US the next person replies 'Fair Use', and a debate ensues.