DVD Ripping but Music Only

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Vancouver
Hey I know there's a tutorial on DVD ripping but that includes video...is there a program to get only the music. i dont want the video cause i have a nano but the songs on the dvd are songs that are sung live and i'd love to have those on my ipod. blah. okay
thanks

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
iEric said:
Hey I know there's a tutorial on DVD ripping but that includes video...is there a program to get only the music. i dont want the video cause i have a nano but the songs on the dvd are songs that are sung live and i'd love to have those on my ipod. blah. okay
thanks
audio hijack is your friend!

very easy to use....play your dvd..tell AH to 'hijack' the sound...output to a ton of different formats. i used it all the time for exactly what you need

well worth the cash.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Vancouver
aw man i have to pay for it?

and do i have to listen to the whole thing so that it "hijacks" the sound?

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
iEric said:
aw man i have to pay for it?
yes. it's pretty cheap though and think about the value you are getting in terms of getting the songs you want

and do i have to listen to the whole thing so that it "hijacks" the sound?
nope. record only what you want.

i'm telling you, it's worth the small price.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/

$16... not bad at all ok.. the pro is $32 and allows you to output to many formats..that is the one i have.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Haven't done it myself, but can't you use something like Handbrake to rip the DVD and then MPEG Streamclip to grab the sound from it?

Sorry...not an expert here...just throwing out a possible solution here.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
WildCowboy said:
Haven't done it myself, but can't you use something like Handbrake to rip the DVD and then MPEG Streamclip to grab the sound from it?

Sorry...not an expert here...just throwing out a possible solution here.
You could always try MTR and bbdemux to give you the audio in the original format from the DVD, if it has PCM or MPEG-2 audio you could easily recompress that as the format of your choice. For AC-3 you'd have to have the right codec installed to make it work...

B