DVD Ripping Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bonesone4, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Bonesone4 macrumors regular

Hey all. Just wondering if there is any software out there that allows you to take a piece of a chapter off a dvd instead of having to rip a whole chapter. Im putting together a video of my favorite horror movie moments and want to take some of the movies I own and rip certain shots...not whole chapters or scenes. Anyone?

Bones

2. Parsec macrumors member

I'm not sure on this, but isn't it possible with iMovie or Final Cut (express) 4? I think you should be able to. I don't know of any free or open source stuff out there that can do that.

Good luck.

3. Bonesone4 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont think u really got what I was asking. In order to bring the movies into final cut or imovie they have to be ripped first from the actual dvd itself. I was asking if there was a program out there to rip just select portions of scenes instead of whole chapters. Usually these ripping programs like Handbrake only allow the user to grab an entire chapter and rip that. well, I dont want an entire chapter. I just want a certain shot or couple of shots....

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

I don't believe you can only rip a chapter. However, after you rip the whole disc, you can set in and out points in MPEGstreamclip and then only export the section you want in an editable codec.

5. Bonesone4 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok guys...Im not going to type this all out again so just go back and really read what I posted at the top.

I DONT WANT TO RIP AN ENTIRE DVD OR AN ENTIRE CHAPTER..........I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO PINPOINT A SCENE OR A SHOT AND RIP THAT.

I cant make any more sense than that. Maybe ive come to the wrong forum to ask this question

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Cinematize 2 will do that.. It's not free, but it works very well.. It's available at Apple or pretty much anywhere else..

7. Bonesone4 thread starter macrumors regular