Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2003
I have just got my hand on a new Pioneer DVR-105 Internal IDE DVD BURNER.

It said that it can burn DVD-R and DVD-RW Disks.

Could some one tell me the difference between DVD-RW DVD+RW.:confused:

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I found this while on BestBuy.com, take a look:

DVD-RW: This is the rewritable DVD disc. These discs (like their CD-RW cousins) can be re-recorded up to 1,000 times. Like DVD-R, they can be played back in some DVD video players and all DVD drives.

DVD+RW: Another rewritable format, DVD+RW is the newest player in the recordable DVD market. When DVD+RW media is burned in a DVD+RW drive, they can be played back in most DVD video players and all DVD drives. The introduction of DVD+RW may cause some fragmentation in the market, though it is too early to tell what the impact might be.

Here is the URL that explains more DVD Media:http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/DrivesStorage/hr/hr5DVDRWdrive.asp

Hope I helped ;)

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Keith Purfield
All Apple SuperDrives burn DVD-R/DVD-RW. They DON'T do DVD+R/DVD+RW.

Of course, rewriting a DVD takes a lot longer than just burning to it.

What about when you erase the disc first before writing? Would it be the same speed then? Sorry I don't have a lot of experience with the RW discs.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
well if your lucky to have an imac with the sony burner you may have a shot at doing it. maybe apple will add it into panther, as well as usb 2.0.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.