DVD Slideshow plus files

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by DickVeitch, Aug 16, 2015.

1. DickVeitch macrumors newbie

I want to create a slideshow DVD that runs automatically on a dvd player and also has on the disc a folder of the jpeg files that make up the slide show.

When I had a PC I could burn my slideshow to a hard drive folder then add a sub-folder of images then burn that lot to dvd. It worked fine.

Now I have Mac with OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 and I don't see a way to burn a disk image to the hard drive. I have created a dvd which starts automatically as expected (using DVD Photo Slideshow Professional) then I have copied that back to the hard drive but when that is returned to a new dvd it does not start automatically because the software does not recognise the video_ts folder.

Any bright ideas please?

2. DickVeitch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to the people who looked and considered but had no answer.

Further searching of this forum gained me part of the answer which is: the Macbook Pro (and possibly other Apple products) does not automatically recognise the VIDEO_TS folder and play the slideshow unless the DVD has been created as a playable DVD on this Macbook Pro. The software I currently have is the built in DVD burner which puts data on to a DVD, and a Slideshow Maker which burns a slideshow to a DVD. This Macbook Pro recognises and automatically plays that slideshow. I think I can make copies of that DVD in a way that Macbook plays it automatically by using Disk Utility.app. But I can't see a way to add a folder of data files when making that copy.

But, if I copy the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to my hard drive and add a folder of data files then simply burn all of that to a disc it will play on the dvd player attached to my tv. My Macbook Pro sort of recognises it in that the DVD Player starts but the slideshow does not. So, with the DVD Player started go to the top bar and File/OPen DVD Media. Navigate to the folder VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. Click on Choose and the slideshow plays.

Not the most elegant answer but I can now create a slideshow DVD that runs automatically on a dvd player and also has on it a folder of the jpeg files that make up the slide show.

I may also spend a little money on a third party dvd burner in the hope it will make this Macbook Pro work as I would like it to.