Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtPulse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hey there. I have the weirdest problem.

We all know that the best computers on earth, Macintoshes, have the worst DVD readers. After a good google search I found endless posts of DVDs not being read and spitted. However, my case is slightly different.

When I insert any DVD on OS X (all of them burned with my MBP), my MBP struggles with it for 15 - 30 seconds and then spits it out.

On my Bootcamp Windows XP (or the same Windows XP running on Parallels) I can perfectly mount all of those DVDs, navigate through folders and copy files from it.

Now, seems like just having a Virtual Machine with Windows to read my DVDs is a way out, but I really wished I could do this natively, like it used to be.

Like I always say, I only get computer's weirdest problems xD.

If anyone has a clue, I would much appreciate a hand.

Thanks for your time!!

mediasorcerer

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2010
Hey there. I have the weirdest problem.

We all know that the best computers on earth, Macintoshes, have the worst DVD readers. After a good google search I found endless posts of DVDs not being read and spitted. However, my case is slightly different.

When I insert any DVD on OS X (all of them burned with my MBP), my MBP struggles with it for 15 - 30 seconds and then spits it out.

On my Bootcamp Windows XP (or the same Windows XP running on Parallels) I can perfectly mount all of those DVDs, navigate through folders and copy files from it.

Now, seems like just having a Virtual Machine with Windows to read my DVDs is a way out, but I really wished I could do this natively, like it used to be.

Like I always say, I only get computer's weirdest problems xD.

If anyone has a clue, I would much appreciate a hand.

Thanks for your time!!
hey funny u mention this,but i had probs burning fotos to disc from iphoto,[r+dvd blanks] but its working now,i said i was using too much data ,even tho indicator said still some remaining on the blank dvd,wouldnt let me burn fotos,hope u git it fixed hey.

ArtPulse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
I used to have that problem too, burning from Finder. Of course that was when I could get my MBP to at least mount a DVD...

ArtPulse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
All right so no one has an explanation for this? xP what a bizarre problem.

First and last bump xP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.