DVD Stuck in mac book Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hoffy23, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hoffy23 macrumors newbie

I need Help!!! My nephew put a camcorder dvd into my macbook pro and it wont come out. It is not a regular dvd. It is smaller than the usual dvds. My computer doesnt read that their is anything in it. I press the eject button, nothing happens. I search the harddrive to see if it reads it and nothing is their. Can anyone help me fix this problem.

2. musicforanna macrumors newbie

reboot, hold down the left mouse/trackpad button. Hopefully, it should spit it right out.

3. Hoffy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the advice. I tried that but it didnt work. So i dont know what to do.

4. Kristenn macrumors 6502

He put a Nintendo Game Cube disc in, didn't he... sigh

5. Hoffy23 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SamNeeds macrumors regular

You're going to need someone to go and open it up for you (trip to the Apple shop or an authorised service centre) as its not going to spit the disc out.

7. tooz macrumors 6502

turn off the machine and hold it on it's side, DVD slot facing down. now hit the back of the computer till it comes out. (make sure you have a firm grip)

8. SamNeeds macrumors regular

If I remember correctly there is a cover of sorts (on the inside of the DVD drive slot) that obscures your view of the inerds of the drive, so you may need some tweezers to open that up a bit as the disc will just fall against it.