DVD stuck in MacBook Pro, need help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tyler14ty14, May 15, 2011.

1. tyler14ty14 macrumors newbie

Ok, I put in a legal DVD copy of "Pulp Fiction" into my MacBook pro. And nothing happened. period. it never showed up on my desk top, never played, and does not seem to exist in the computer. I tried to eject it but nothing happen. I went on my windows side of my laptop still nothing. I know the disk works so its not the disk. I just need to know how to eject the disk form my MacBook. I have pried booting up hold the mouse buttons, the option button, the eject key, and F12. I have tired terminal commands. I also can't get to an Apple Store for another 3 weeks and have no idea what is left to get this disk out. I could use some help if anyone knows how to get this thing out.

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

might have to take the ODD out of the machine if you can't get to an apple store.

sounds like you have tried pretty much all of the options.

Does it sound like the disc is trying to eject or no?

3. aramosc macrumors regular

aramosc

is your computer attempting to spit out the disk when you boot with the mouse button pressed? maybe something is wrong with the disk slot cover..

4. tyler14ty14 thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I can tell it does not sound like it is even trying to eject it.

5. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

you could always pop the bottom of the macbook off and take the odd out and i'm sure you would be able to get the disc out at that point or you can take it to the apple store.

If it's not making noise trying to eject you likely have a bad drive that will need to be replaced anyways.

6. tyler14ty14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, Ill have to try that, i cant right now do do i need my laptop working for school projects, and don't want to take the risk yet, when and if I do ill post if it worked, for now if anyone knows of a method that does not require me to take my macbook apart, please let me know.

7. un.titled macrumors regular

Nothing happens when you type the terminal command "drutil tray eject"?

8. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

The internal connector is just a little push-on thing which probably popped off, cutting power to the drive (since you said it makes no sounds). At least, that's more likely than a completely broken drive IMHO. Take the back cover off and check the connector.

9. tyler14ty14 thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck on "drutil tray eject" nothing happens.

I look around in my laptop as soon as i get a chance. ill post what was wrong.

10. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Any noise?

Best bet is to re-seat it. Maybe the connector has oxidized or is misaligned. If that doesnt work it might be DOA.

11. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

try shutting it down

insert piece of hard paper to the TOP of the cd/dvd inside the tray, until at middle hole

turn on

should work, good luck

12. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

:3

13. duncanbrodie1 macrumors member

Im kidding, kidding. Really. Don't use a fork

14. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

I know

:D :D :D :D :D

15. socialmarker macrumors newbie

This happend to me as well! This is what I did: I flipped the MacBook on the side with the driver facing the floor and started moving the laptop up and down. After a few second the cd came out. Try it if you want to :)

16. ranviper macrumors 6502a

ranviper

This happened to me once before.

Ill be honest all I did was hold it sideways and shook a little, and let gravity do the rest...It worked.

I wouldn't officially suggest this :rolleyes: but just saying.